3.04.2011

Quilting Fun

Hey everyone,  I won't bore you with lots of photos of my pre-progression on this quilt, but if you missed it and want to see what I originally posted, you can find it here.

Here's what I started with recently, which was shown in my other post:


I decided to take away the cactus green and the stripey fabric and sash the blocks with a variety of solid colors, and it turned out like this:




Tried my hand at sewing lots of strips of fabric together and then cutting at a 45 degree angle.  (so that the borders around the solid sashing would be diagonal.)  Well, I completely failed at that, even with the help of my husband who was laughing really hard (I guess I cut them all wrong), so I cut the pointy ends off those diagonal strips and I sewed them together and added more strips of fabric so that I could cut up the strata and make the border that you see in the photos below:



I really am getting good vibes from this quilt!  Here's a closeup of my stripey borders and you can see where there are a few diagonal pieces mixed in here and there.  (That turned into a GOOD mistake, I think!)


Have a great weekend - Deb.

No comments: